Week 1: Topic 1

My name is Michelle and I work at a rural elementary school for the Sweet Home School District.  I am a media assistant but wear many hats throughout the normal day.  I am the librarian first, technology go-to, back up secretary, and because of my somewhat flexible schedule I deal with a lot of the day to day discipline issues.
I started my college career when my son was in grade school.  He is now in college himself so this has been a long drawn out career.  :) I had started taking classes for my job but then decided I would go ahead and get my associates degree.  Then life happened.  Now that my son is on his own and I no longer have all my free time taken up by being his number one fan at sporting events I decided it was time to try to get that associates degree.  It is a long process as I am not willing to give up my day job so that means taking classes and working a 40 hour a week job.  Linn Benton has been my college of choice as my husband works there and it has online opportunities during the school year to progress my goal.
I chose this class mainly because I like to write and it was online.  My mom now lives with us so I wanted to try to stay at home over the summer to help her when needed and this class fit that schedule. I hope to learn that the media is not as crooked as I sometimes think they are.
Aside from my job and the kids that I work with I would have to say that the next thing I am most passionate about is spending quality time with my family and friends who have become family. I am at the age where family and friends aren't necessarily always going to be there and I want to spend as much quality time with them as possible.  I love to have everyone out for BBQ's and get together's at the lake.

No automatic alt text available.
Me, My son David, and his girlfriend Kristen


Image may contain: 1 person, sitting
Me and Darel camping

Image may contain: 4 people
Dale and David at David's Graduation

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling
Cyndi (co-worker), Stefani (co-worker) and me at Stefani's wedding

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 9: Topic 2

Week 9: Topic 1

Week 2: Topic 1